JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you must understand the customer's business requirements, business process management, and successfully translate them to JAS software requirements.
- Collecting and analyzing the project's business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to the customer solutions development team
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys, and workshops
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of customer solutions to meet the client's business needs
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver the product's functional requirements, such as: system workflow, EDI messages, samples, and specs
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client and stakeholders
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines
- Constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications.
- This position will not directly or indirectly supervise employees
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret moderate to complex business processes
- Ability to think analytically and make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science or Supply Chain Management
- Bilingual preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform job responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, potential and current customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.