HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for maintaining and analyzing data in the HR information system. Collects data requirements, programs reports, maintains system security and data integrity.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Designs and implements reports to help management make appropriate strategic decisions including programming and coding to pull ad hoc reports. Assists internal customers refine requirements for report requests.
- Automates processes using software applications in order to accelerate productivity.
- Applies patches, upgrades, and enhancements to the HR software application so problems are minimal.
- Maintains the integrity of organizational data in the HR information system.
- Analyzes system data and translates its relevance to the end-user.
- Maintains and updates access to and security of the HR information system.
- Assists with associate and information loads into the HR information system.
- Aids in system recovery in the event of a disaster.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience designing and implementing software applications.
- Experience with test application or data to trace back to user requirements.
- Ability to analyze requirements and translate to specific end-user requirements.
- Programming experience with SQL/Access/Visual Basic.
- Workday and Peoplesoft experience preferred
Job Locations US-FL-Orlando - US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 1 week ago (6/26/2020 9:18 PM)
Job ID 2020-38240
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Human Resources
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 32805
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.