HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Manage designated areas of Warehouse Operation, oversee functional areas, and perform manager's duties as assigned. Responsible for consistent application of SOPs (Standard Operating Policies) and associate administration in the facility.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance goals
- Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals of assigned functional areas.
- Controls warehouse expenses.
- Ensures compliance with all personnel policies.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker's compensation and general liability issues.
- Ensures the Asset Protection and Hazmat programs are enforced.
- Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds, and handles customer problems.
- May act as manager and performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact. Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior level associates.
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior level associates.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Locations US-CO-Grand Junction
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (6/16/2020 10:13 AM)
Job ID 2020-38033
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 81505
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.