Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for safely performing routine and preventative maintenance activities, troubleshooting and repairing process problems in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Canada - AB - Exshaw
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Observing all safety rules and regulations and all housekeeping and clean-up procedures.
- Conducting inspections and repairs on industrial equipment.
- Rebuilding pumps, speed reducers, belt conveyors, and other types of equipment.
- Creating work orders, advancing status, locating and issuing parts and providing a detailed description of the tasks accomplished in the work order.
- Retrieving from and organizing parts inventory into correct locations.
- Executing layout, fabrication and implementation of new equipment installations.
- Cutting, brazing, and welding mild steel, stainless steel, brass, and aluminum.
- Work overtime as required and respond (call-out) to all emergencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Journeyman Millwright Red Seal Certification
- Extensive experience or equivalent training in repair of all types of industrial equipment, i.e., screw and belt conveyors, bucket elevators, water and chemical pumps, gearboxes and vibratory feeders.
- Experience with welding and fabrication is essential, along with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work rotating shifts required.