Graymont's Green Bay, Wisconsin plant is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to fill the position of Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to effectively coordinate a team of maintenance trades.
United States - WI - Green Bay
Graymont's Green Bay, Wisconsin plant is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to fill the position of Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to effectively coordinate a team of maintenance trades people and specialists to conduct all required activities associated with maintaining the plant facility. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the continued development and sustainability of Graymont's asset management program (MAPUS - Maintenance and Production Up-time Strategy). The incumbent will be a key member of the plant's leadership team, and will be an important member of the Graymont-wide maintenance community.
Work Schedule will be Monday through Friday. Longer shifts may be required during annual shutdowns or special projects. Position will be eligible for full competitive benefits package including health, dental, 401k, and holiday/vacation pay.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant is expected to be hands on and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, personnel, quality and efficiency.
- Provide daily/weekly maintenance plan to all trades person in coordination with production to ensure preventive and corrective maintenance best practice is implemented.
- Facilitate and promote a positive working environment, and empowered team.
- Review, identify and organize training requirements to develop the skills and capabilities of the maintenance team (comprised of trades people, and various maintenance specialists ex: Reliability Specialist, Inventory Coordinator).
- Follow up with maintenance team during their assigned tasks on a regular basis to ensure work is performed in a safe and efficient manner, share advice, and give positive feedback.
- Act as a technical resource and coach to maintenance team members and peers.
- Ensure short- and long-term planning, scheduling and processes are effectively managed in partnership with production departments.
- Deploy personnel and resources to ensure the weekly maintenance schedule is executed effectively.
- Provide a high level of support the plant reliability program to enable short- and long-term success in proactive asset management.
- Take direct control in managing emergency maintenance activities.
- Effectively manage all contractors on site performing maintenance activities (safety, work quality & performance).
- Participate in the communication and coordination between maintenance, production, management and other functional groups within Graymont.
- Coordinate and manage MAPUS (Maintenance and Production Up-time Strategy) to continuously improve proactive maintenance practices, and ensure sustainability.
- Responsible to monitor various KPI's to measure the effectiveness and identify improvement opportunities in the various maintenance functions.
- Communicate and work in cooperation with production personnel to ensure equipment up-time is maintained at the highest possible standards in terms of product quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Participate in maintenance budgeting and ensure maintenance costs are well managed.
- Perform "on-call" duties on rotation with the supervisory team.
- Established track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability learn, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong electrical or process automation experience.
- College or University degree in a related field, or Journeyman (ex: Heavy Duty Mechanic, Millwright or Electrician), with a minimum of 5 years heavy industrial experience (maintenance, production, or engineering and preferably supervisory experience) - or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High aptitude in the use of various computer software (Excel, Word & other MS software), experience with the use of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), able to learn new applications (training on Graymont specific applications will be provided).
- Excellent communicator (both written and oral), self-directed, and highly motivated, requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders to the top of silos, bucket elevators and preheaters.