Where: Northlake, IL (635 Northwest Ave)
Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Wage: $14.00/hr and up, based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 10:00am-finish with overtime as needed.
HD Supply, o ur mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Warehouse Associates connect our customers with the goods they need to make this happen.
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here: https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Use a Voice Pick (Jennifer) headset technology to seek out and confirm product locations and quantities.
- Select orders, verify stock and inventory levels, and assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production (lines per hour) goals.
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
- Able to speak English fluently (due to Voice Pick System)
What will give you an edge:
- Prior Picking / Order Fulfillment experience; Voice Pick experience a plus!
Click "apply now" so we can get to know you!
Watch the video below to learn more about HD Supply and what it's like to work here:
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Locations US-IL-Northlake
Posted Date 1 week ago (7/30/2020 10:33 AM)
Job ID 2020-38786
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60164
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.