HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Lead and develop strategy for supply chain systems and processes and for identifying, qualifying, and selecting vendors that provide these services. Assist in developing negotiation strategies, manage relationships. Ensure customer requirements are met and that projects progress as scheduled.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and supports policies and procedures. Evaluates and recommends improved techniques for control of operations, quality, reliability and safety.
- Develops and supports strategies for negotiation with vendors.
- Develops and supports strategies for identifying, selecting, quantifying, and maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Leverages economies of scale to best meet the supply chain needs of the company in terms of cost, quality and vendor ability.
- Monitors and reports compliance to procedure, vendor contracts and strategy.
- Analyzes complex data to identify and validate sourcing opportunities.
- Monitors the effectiveness of internal controls of all inventories throughout the organization through observation, review and testing. Analyses pertinent data and reports on all deficiencies with recommendations to improve.
- Effectively communicates recommendations to other areas within Supply Chain and external departments.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 5+ years of warehouse experience
- Experience leading a team
- Experience Leading, Managing, or Driving Improvement in a Distribution Warehouse Environment or Identifying and Driving Strategic Process Improvement
- Experience running reports and problem solving in SAP
- Very knowledgeable of current warehouse processes
- Experience leading a system implementation
- Ability to develop training material and conduct end user training
- Advocate for change and ability to influence others to change
- Availability to travel up to 75% of the time as the project ramps ups
- Experience in some or all of transportation management, material handling, fleet management, distribution operations, business process improvement, logistics engineering and 3rd party logistics providers
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (9/9/2020 8:06 AM)
Job ID 2020-39407
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.