Compensation: $30 Hourly
Why Work Here?
"A consistently growing company. The candidate that is chosen for this job will have great growth potential within the organization.."
- Sick pay (PTO)
- Paid vacation time starts accruing after 90 days
- Paid holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision offered
- 401K match
Paid Birthday Off
Trucking Company is currently seeking a Diesel Mechanic for our terminal in Elizabeth, NJ.
This is a full-time and permanent position within a consistently growing company.
Responsible for maintaining equipment in a safe and cost-efficient manner. The technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance, servicing and repairing of tractors and trailers. Technicians must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units always meet DOT specifications. Competitive Salary.
- Minimum 2 years experience in all phases of tractor, trailer, tow motor and forklift repair or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior fabrication/welding experience required.
- Hydraulic experience.
- Prior work experience in a shop is required and some road service experience preferred
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and lift up to 75 pounds
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Heavy Brakes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer
- A Class A license, or willingness to obtain one