HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Perform skilled maintenance and repair services of facility systems to include mechanical, electrical and building systems.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Maintains the physical appearance and operation of assigned facilities by completing and documenting plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and interior/exterior finish repairs as directed to maintain a safe, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing environment for building occupants.
- Monitors, operates, adjusts, maintains, and repairs building systems and equipment for assigned facilities as necessary.
- Obtains vendor and contractor services in a manner that is financially and ethically responsible and monitors their actions to ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures and government rules and regulations.
- Responds to and documents completion of minor building maintenance repairs as directed.
- Responds to all facility related issues and emergencies as directed to assist as needed.
- May estimate time and material cost projects.
- May requisition new supplies and equipment.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of major facilities systems including HVAC, chillers, boilers, fire protection system, plant control system, FFUs, and plenum units.
- Knowledge of relevant company equipment safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance operations.
Job Locations US-CA-City of Industry
Posted Date 1 week ago (10/16/2020 8:55 AM)
Job ID 2020-39998
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 91789
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.