Previously known as HD Supply - Construction & Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete and construction products and services in North America serving professional contractors across non-residential, residential and other markets.
White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S. States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually.
White Cap Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction products serving professional concrete contractors and self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential and other markets.
In addition to value-add services, White Cap Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products.
White Cap Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap.
Job Description & Qualifications
Builds relationships and develops plans to increase sales and profitability for mid-size accounts that are regional or national in scope and make regional or national purchasing decisions. Drives sales by creating, executing and communicating business plans to grow sales for HD Supply. Negotiates regional contracts and rebate programs. Ensures effective implementation of regional account programs through all sales channels. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Generates viable sales leads and prospects through market and account research, sales events, networking, vendor events and computer programs. Contacts assigned and prospective accounts to secure new business.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing accounts. Teams with individuals within sales and key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
- Develops, executes and communicates business plans for profitably growing sales of assigned customers. Provides market and competitor information to appropriate channel within the company. Accountable for attaining assigned sales quota, part margin and controllable expense objectives.
- Interacts with customers, vendors, and associates to resolve customer and service related issues.
- Maintains a current and competent base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Maintains and submits all required sales administration reports. Regularly attends company meetings.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge of Miller Heiman's Strategic Selling and Large Account Management Process concepts.
- Prior experience in telesales and possession of proven phone sales skills.
- Knowledge in HDS product line.
Job Locations US-TX-Austin
Posted Date 1 month ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM)
Job ID 2020-39534
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.