Logistics done differently.
Fortune named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and we are on Forbes' list as one of America's best employers. We invest hundreds of millions of dollars in technology every year so that we can continue to develop state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. As the Java Applications Engineer, your focus will be troubleshooting, understanding and resolving problems with new and existing software. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide in-depth technical web application programming expertise that meets technical specifications and business requirements
- Analyze business problems and propose software solutions; mentor junior programmers in the department
- Provide estimates and create functional specifications and detailed design specifications for programs to be developed; convert system designs and technical specifications into program code for complex applications
- Develop, test and maintain complex application software; comply with project standards and processes related to producing quality software products and documentation, and provide project management for moderately sized, complex efforts
- Debug and troubleshoot existing program codes and correct errors as required; provide Level-2 support to resolve systems-related issues
- Apply software releases to production in a controlled, methodical manner and verify systems are stable after patching
- Participate as a high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software for third-party customers; work with technical staff to understand problems with software, and develop specifications to resolve them
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of related work experience
- Availability to work periodic 24x7 on-call support as required by team's scheduled rotation
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 years of experience in architecting and developing large, scalable, distributed or web-based applications
- An understanding of component-based software, object-oriented methods, internet technologies, client/services architectures, relational databases, structured development, test methodologies and data warehousing
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.