Customs Import Specialist I
Develops a thorough understanding of clients' shipping requirements. Develops sound customer service and data entry skills to support growth within current position. Gains job related regulatory knowledge of current position.
Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates compliance needs, and makes recommendations. Ensures clients are provided with timely and accurate clearance services. Reviews documentation and communicates with clients to ensure compliant customs transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares customs entries and bonds, primarily air and ocean, with some cross-border.
- Enter transportation data from a regulatory and tracking perspective.
- Ensure regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exist for shipments.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed, and released to carrier, forwarders, customers, and agents in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by customer standard operating procedures.
- Maintain courteous, prompt, and efficient customer relations.
- Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on established client pricing, while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Oversee the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish and maintain all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- Establish knowledge of Inco terms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers.
- 2-5 years operational experience in preparing, filing, and auditing customs entries.
- Experience in working with Participating Government Agencies involved in the customs clearance process.
- Bachelor's degree in business, transportation, or logistics preferred.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in customs entry software, spreadsheets, and databases (Excel and Word) applications required. Experience in CargoWise One platform is beneficial.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, and international laws and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e. customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade).
Noatum Logistics USA Overview
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, Noatum Logistics is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many other areas. With operations in Europe, Asia, North Africa, North America, and South America, Noatum Logistics provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills, and take on greater responsibilities, Noatum Logistics offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, this infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts. Noatum Logistics employees understand that customer service is our top priority and our service is at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers' business.
To learn more about Noatum Logistics USA: www.miq.com, www.noatumlogistics.com.