Air Export Specialist
Air Export Specialist
As an Air Export Specialist – Aerospace, you will be part of an energetic team of international logistics professionals who are committed to Green's organizational development. You will own the consignment from start to finish, managing airfreight related decision-making; negotiating with domestic carriers and airlines to win your client an exceptional shipping experience. Clear communication and passion for the industry is essential for this key, relationship-building position.-Our Green airfreight experts are encouraged to develop their industry expertise to embrace change and growth. Reports to Aerospace Manager.
- Ensure proper handling of AOG shipments from pick up to deliver and continuous information flow between shipper, consignee, customer and network.
- Organization and coordination of Export/Domestic AOG shipments, including hazmat cargo, oversize shipments, monitoring customs clearance with local branch or RLF department.
- Daily data entry and record filing for record purposes and for review analysis by upper management when needed.
- Communicate with local shipper, consignee, as necessary to ensure proper handling of shipments and on-time delivers. This includes daily communication with parties such as co-workers, vendors, suppliers, customers, airlines, subcontractors, third parties, and nationally & internationally based shippers.
- Monitor and control AOG operations with Customers, Agents, and Network to ensure proper level of service.
- Ensure information flow to/from customers, to/from local agents and to/from Network via phone, fax, email, and web-based application.
- Timely preparation of daily AOG shipments in strict adherences to branch and airline regulations and cut off times.
- Ensure all documentation guidelines are met by the local branches according to the TSA regulations.
- Directly responsible for the daily maintenance and coordination of AOG shipments, client relationship development, account servicing for key accounts based on customer contracts and SOP's.
- AOG Desk Coordinator is working on a rotational 24/7 shift. This shift includes on site morning, afternoon, night and weekend primary and secondary shift.
- Must ensure 24/7 reactivity, courtesy and efficiency during their respective assigned shift through proper Customer Service skills. The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to prioritize heavy workloads and maintain strong sense of urgency
- Good interpersonal skills required
- 3 years of International Freight Forwarder experience working with AOG/time critical shipments.
- Knowledge of export Customs laws, Hazmat Cargo, practices and procedures.
- Deep understanding of the shipping industry and rate negotiation opportunities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team and be independent.
- Detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
- BA / BS degree
- Availability for some evening/weekend on-call work
Green opened its doors in Atlanta in 2008. We now have eleven offices located throughout the United States. Green is uniquely positioned in the market place because we are totally independent, privately held, and the owners are actively involved in the day-to-day operation.
We provide logistic solutions everyday ranging from ocean freight, air freight, and project cargo, to customs brokerage, warehousing and distribution, and supply chain visibility globally.
To be an ever-evolving, innovative logistics company. Enabling customers to achieve their mission through our team of trusted, empowered, and respected individuals. We will exceed expectations on every shipment, every customer, every time.
A family of innovative problem-solvers who communicate freely to present creative solutions in an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. We are dedicated to customer service, passionate about logistics, and committed to sustainable growth while inspiring others.