The Director of Software Quality Assurance is responsible for ensuring O'Reilly systems and solutions are effectively delivered with the highest quality, on-time and within budget. They will define the vision, strategy and roadmap for the Quality Assurance Department to ensure software meets the expectations and needs of the customers and stakeholders. This position requires a high level of thought leadership and adept orchestration of people, processes, systems, and metrics to drive quality improvements.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure O'Reilly software solutions are effectively delivered with the highest quality, on-time, within budget, adhering to design standards and meeting customer expectations.
- Develop a quality assurance strategy, vision and roadmap with input from all areas of IT leadership to improve speed of testing, reduce cost of software delivery, and ensure software is consistently deployed with minimal defects.
- Define key measurements and metrics to quantify software quality and benchmark Quality Assurance team effectiveness, adjusting processes to improve the efficiency of software delivery from a quality assurance perspective.
- In partnership with Solution Delivery and Infrastructure, provide direction on resolution of issues discovered during testing, identifying risks and creating mitigation plans.
- Provide feedback on production defects and implement a continuous improvement process to drive quality.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a high performing Quality Assurance team through effective hiring decisions and performance management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 8-10+ years managing software quality teams, including definition of policies and quality improvement plans.
- 5+ years of hands-on software testing experience, working across stakeholder groups, including multiple test types: functional, regression, integration, smoke, multi-system, UAT, usability, verification, including performance testing under load using test data.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Experience leading quality assurance teams including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of engineers.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand customer requirements and work with team to develop solutions and appropriate testing strategies.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.