Pilot Freight Services seeks a Full-Time Dock Agent to work in our Groveport, OH office. This position will be 40 + hours per week Thursday through Sunday on varying shifts.
- Obtains copy of manifest and bills of lading and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks or trailers
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates, or loose material around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct staging areas, following good handling practices
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as checking the oil and inspecting the truck's battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing and adding machine attachments
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Keeping a clean and safe work environment
- Participating in housekeeping duties
- Other duties as assigned by supervision
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- May be required to use RF scanner gun
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 70 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
Competitive wages. EOE/AA.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click one of the "Apply" buttons above. The application process only takes about 10-15 minutes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications for any position without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.