Pilot Freight Services is looking for an Experienced Ocean Import Operations Specialist to work in our Northlake, IL office. The hours will be from 8 AM to 5 PM. This is not a remote role.
**Resume must reflect Air Import experience to meet job requirements**
To be the primary interface between Pilot Freight Services, customers, sales, system operations, partners and vendors. To provide quality customer service, while meeting company policies and procedures.
- International ocean air bookings and tracking and tracing
- Providing General Customer Service
- Completing proper paperwork
- Troubleshoot and overcome operational challenges and proactively communicate with clients regarding the status of their freight shipments
- Adhere to TSA /KSMS and other government regulatory compliance standards with regards to booking and routing of all shipments
- Have a least five years of experience as an International Operations Agent
- Must be able to work in demanding, high-volume position
- Be able to multi-task and have precise attention to detail
- Must be computer literate
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to interact with carriers, co-workers, and our handling agents
- High school diploma or equivalent; BA Degree preferred
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Works well as a member of a group
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Reach truck forklift experience is a plus
- Pallet Jack experience is a plus
- Self Starter
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years experience required
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
Competitive pay with benefits package, including 401K. EOE/AA.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click one of the "Apply" buttons above. The application process only takes about 10-15 minutes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications for any position without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.
2 year(s): Ocean Import
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: