Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Maintenance Technician - Multicraft Mechanical
Purpose: Provide mechanical repair support for plant manufacturing equipment. Install, service, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines including mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems. Perform progressive machining operations to very close tolerances on complicated parts and tooling.
- Safety - Daily participation and involvement in individual and team safety responsibilities such as Behavior Based Safety, good housekeeping practices, chemical labeling, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Install, service, and repair production equipment.
- Install, service, and repair pneumatic controls and systems, hydraulic systems, and piping and tubing.
- Diagnose equipment/control problems and perform complex repairs.
- Inspect for proper lubrication and perform general preventive maintenance duties.
- Troubleshoot, disassemble, determine repair requirements, and make repairs and adjustments, or estimate labor time for outside repairs.
- Plan, coordinate, and make major equipment repairs and overhauls.
- Coordinate with vendors to order correct parts needed for service or repair. Store and log locations of spare parts.
- Perform as a team member in a team environment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and use complex drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic principles and equipment.
- Skill in set-up and operation of conventional, specific purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metal parts.
- Skill in selecting and using fixtures, tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cuts on all machines.
- Ability to set-up and operate machines to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Skill in installing replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and in testing to ensure functionality and performance.
- Ability to respond to service or repair requirements in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in technical, maintenance, or machine tool technology field
- Minimum five years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.