Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
E SSENTIAL F UNCTIONS :
• Tracking and tracing outbound shipments
• Inspecting outbound freight
• Contracting new carriers as needed and assigning carriers and providing load tenders
• Communicating freight status and any problems to other stations and customers, and updating the system
• Provide customer service
• Able to work overtime and weekend on call rotations.
• Data entry of shipments into transportation management system
• Quoting, costing and invoicing of international shipments, air, ocean and ground
• Domestic air and ground routing (including Canada)
• Contract new carriers
• Negotiate Freight Rates
• Develop collaborative carrier relationships
• Assigning carriers and providing load tenders
• Find and develop new logistics/freight opportunities and design carrier solutions for other Pilot offices and external customers
• Multi-tasking while maintaining precise attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to type 35+ words per minute
• Must be able to work in demanding, high-volume environment, particularly with email and calls • Precise attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft products
• Must be tech savvy
Additional Job Details :
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• 6+ years minimum experience in freight operations is a plus
• 6+ months experience in Transportation customer service preferred
• 6+ years work experience as an Operations Agent
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at time
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: