Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Develop and maintain positive customer relations and coordinate with various functions within the company to (1) provide world class customer service to our commercial airline, engine overhaul, and global military facilities, (2) maintain or grow existing business, and (3) ensure Timken's best interest and policies are upheld. This position has authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and a customer, either from a financial standpoint, a service standpoint, or product standpoint. Essential part of working with Interested Parties to address risk and opportunities associated with the organizations context and objectives.
- Ensure Customer Master File is accurate for assigned accounts; understand Customers purchasing methods; ensure responsive and accurate order fulfillment; identify system / process improvement needed.
- Provide prompt replies to quotation requests, order inquiries and complaints.
- Develop internal service plan aligned with Sales strategy by recommending and implementing support tactics tailored to Customers business.
- Support Sales during contract negotiation by reviewing proposals and terms, and coordinating internal positions thereto.
- Monitor ongoing compliance to contract terms and recommend corrective actions, where required.
- Attend Trade Shows, which includes travel, input and planning. Visit customer facilities with program managers and sales representatives providing representation of Timken.
- Act as resource for Customer Service team by providing guidance and training to team members, were applicable.Review documentation from Customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure company instructions are being followed and shipments are delivered in a timely fashion. Ensure compliance with U.S. Import & Export regulations.
- Liaison with the DCMA representatives and other Government quality/process administrators.Responsible for Military Production Reporting Systems to the various military branches to include G009, CEMS (Air Force) and CAV (Navy), etc…
- Responsible to support coordination of RFQ Team & SAR Package creation, responding to other government solicitations and quote requests. Review quote requests with Sales before sending to the customer.
- Administer Government & Commercial contracts at Bii.
- Serve as a liaison with Customer Service, Engineering, Production, Quality, etc… to ensure accurate processing of external and internal customer requirements.Provide support during Customer & Government property audits as needed
- Min. High School; Bachelor's degree preferred; with 1+ years' experience in Aviation/Aerospace industry or related
- Flexibility within a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Customer Service Experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter
- PC Literate (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, essential)
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management System desirable
- Good working knowledge of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) and experience in Government Contract Review or Related Field is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.