Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening at their headquarters in King of Prussia, PA for a Senior Accounting Analyst. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements of multiple entities including journal entry preparation and detailed account reconciliations as well as month end and year end corporate financial reporting for a division of a publicly traded company.
- Prepare and process Journal Entries throughout the month and during Close: input journal entries into the company's ERP system, Epicor, as well as upload journal entries to OnBase, the online Journal Entry software.
- Perform month end reporting responsibilities in One Stream Reporting Software, uploading the trial balance throughout Close, inputting STAT data of Balance Sheet account balance roll forwards as well as completing the month end Close workflow.
- Perform month end General Ledger reconciliations, which includes more complex reconciliations such as pre-paid expenses, accurals, inventory reserves, workers compensation, etc. in Blackline, the online reconciliation software. Ensure accuracy of data analysis and provide necessary reconciliation support.
- Complete monthly revenue recognition files for all Timken Power Systems entities (gear, motor, bearing repair).
- Prepare and reconcile the monthly corporate intercompany Debit Memo.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly intercompany chargebacks to entities within the TPS (Timken Power Systems) hierarchy.
- Assist in providing support requested from outside auditors with respect to the Marine program as well as with the annual audit requests from Internal Audit.
- Assist special projects as deemed necessary.
- Support request for quarterly and annual information as needed for Timken Power Systems and Timken Corporation leadership.
- Accounting (general understanding of GAAP)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective and timely communication
- Ability to analyze / resolve day to day accounting issues
- Independent worker who takes ownership of assigned responsibilities through to completion.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel application
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business related field
- Minimum of 4 years Accounting experience, 7 years preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Experience working in an ERP system required, knowledge and understanding of EPICOR preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.