Senior Logistics Specialist (Control Tower)
Do you have experience in the logistics world working in a team environment? Sandvik is looking for a Senior Logistics Specialist or Control Tower Officer that has amazing communication skills in our fast-paced location in Bolingbrook, IL. You will work closely with various departments to ensure our inbound and outbound freight is moving and shaking! We are looking for a candidate who is organized, highly motivated, reliable and who understands and appreciates the importance of a team effort.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Prepare documentation such as bills of lading, SLI's, etc.
- Obtain quotes for ad-hoc freight movements
- Schedule shipments with carriers
- Ensure all consignments are shipped in the most cost effective way and are in adherence with shipping guidelines
- Provide customer support by communicating via email and over the phone
- Ensures appropriate actions are taken to resolve shipping documentation issues
- Maintain integrity of freight management systems
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and coordinate ideas with departmental supervisor for possible implementation
- Filing & Scanning Paperwork
- May perform other duties and participate in other projects as required by the department.
Experience and Required Competencies
- Previous experience in a transportation environment including domestic, import and export shipments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in Warehouse/Distribution/Supply Chain. Excellent administrative and computer skills.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.