US Customs Entry Writer
Jet-Speed Air Cargo Forwarders (HK) Ltd. was founded in 1967 as one of the first airfreight management companies in Hong Kong. Under Arthur (Archie) Antonio da Silva, Jet-Speed has continued to provide the best in logistics management while offering a variety of services. Annually, Jet-Speed is the number one independent air forwarder and in the top ten overall in air freight tonnage in annual exports from Hong Kong. During the 1980's Jet-Speed expanded to mainland China and Taiwan. In the first decade of the new millennium, Jet-Speed has further expanded to North and South America and Europe.
Jet-Speed Logistics (USA) LLC began operations in May 2002. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Jet-Speed Logistics (USA) LLC has become the superior choice for supply chain logistics management. Offering logistics solutions in air, sea, ground and multimodal methods, we stand out in our ability to customize each shipment for each customer. We are large enough to compete with major companies but small enough to be flexible to specific needs.
The Entry Writer is a CHB team member responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to customers. The Entry Writer serves as a customer advocate and must possess good customer service skills and be diligent in completion of their daily tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities CBP Entry preparation and transmission duties:
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.
- Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Use various methods/resources for identification of HTS details on the commercial invoice
- Report to supervisor the completion of entry tasks release of cargo
- Report to supervisor exceptions to established clearance requirements
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process.
Delivery of freight to customers:
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with steamship lines, co-loaders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight
- Coordinate with supervisors delivery exceptions and special delivery instructions
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Plus 6 months-2 years of experience and/or training in an import/customs operation.
- Must have good team working skills and verbal reporting skills.
- Experience with EDI/Cargowise a plus but not a requirement.
Core Competencies and Values:
- Demonstrates ability to comply with Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making,
- Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, and Customer Focus.