Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
For CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job Seekers:
HDS provides the following benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
401(K) with company match
Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
Paid Sick Time
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Whole Life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including market data, experience, skills, internal equity and other factors.