First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring an Apprentice Mechanic (Level 1-4)!
First Student is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages
- Consistent year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plan and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
Apprentice Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Assist Journeyman Technicians with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, transmission clutches and other repairs under direct supervision.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to First Student and First Transit's standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Apprentice Technician Qualifications:
- Valid driver's license required
- Previous gas or diesel vehicle repair experience; school bus experience is helpful
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is a leading provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.