Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for performing intermediate-level maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt tractors and other equipment. Technicians must be able to troubleshoot issues and complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units always meet J. B. Hunt specifications.
- Averages projected at $20.57-$36.38
- $500 sign-on bonus available
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after just 30 days
- $150 yearly boot allowance
- Demonstrate proficient technical knowledge of preventative maintenance, replacement of parts/components, and more difficult repairs as it pertains to tractor maintenance including but not limited to the fuel system, battery, engine, drive train, onboard computer, transmission, air brake systems and FHWA Inspections.
- Accurately perform intermediate-level repairs to company and manufacturer's specifications, complete work orders, and demonstrate understanding of company requirements for standard repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
- Always maintain professional communication with J.B. Hunt personnel and customers.
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety procedures.
- Troubleshoot tractor issues; work independently and seek assistance as needed.
- Participate in Original Equipment Manufacture training for OE repairs.
- May assist with the onboarding and mentoring of new tractor technician trainees.
- 18 years of age.
- 1-2 years of experience in semi-tractor maintenance and repair and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
- A/C Certification.
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & air brakes.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- EPA section 608 certification and refrigeration license
- Knowledge of ABS system
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) effectively and read documents and/or information in English
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliances up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient active listening skills, computer skills, and/or comfortable working with a computer
- Proficient deductive reasoning skills, organizational skills, problem-solving skills and time management skills.