Responsible for performing all tasks involved in the production of products which may include stretch cord, metal, wood and packing. Performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line or sub-assembly line to produce and assemble products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Works on processes, including the insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools. May cut metal frames, wood, paper, etc. to specific dimensions as required by fabrication spec sheet. May align layout marks with die and blade, position materials being joined to ensure proper fit and finish. Uses a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec sheets and double check measurements for accuracy.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follows prescribed safety regulations and performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines.
- Performs bench-type processes to complete material assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tools as required.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical, material, or safety issues.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Follows standard work methods, standard operating procedures, and job aides. Practices safe work habits to ensure production safety and efficiency.
- Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods using assigned packing materials. Places finished goods on designated pallet.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.