Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN.-We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
The Maintenance Mechanic performs work involving skill sets of two or more maintenance occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve boiler tending, welding, machining, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing new machinery and repairing building floors. This is a very hands-on role and entails some repairs on floors, walls and stairs.
- Maintain equipment for food manufacturing production.
- Adjust functional parts and devices using hand tools.
- Address boiler issues as needed, there will be training on this
- Inspect electrical motors and devices; repair, remove and replace.
- Fabricate and repair metal structures
- Record work activities.
- Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Comply with all safety requirements.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Conducting preventative maintenance around the building
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of welding and metal fabrication would be desired
- Black seal boiler license is a plus
- Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of automation and electrical is a plus
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.