|Your Career Begins at Timken |
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: Provide the engineering and project management experience necessary to support the implementation of manufacturing engineering initiatives and projects. Responsibilities include the support and advancement of plant production, quality control, maintenance and continuous improvement.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide solutions to daily engineering related problems in the areas of production, quality control and Continuous Improvement.
- Manage the work being done by contractors and suppliers as new and existing technology is implemented.
- Manage multiple projects that involve the delegation of assignments to others in the plant e.g. engineers, maintenance and operative associates.
- Define and justify Continuous Improvement projects in all areas of production.
- Work with associates from Production areas to implement ideas.
- Advanced Problem Solving with the ability to implement permanent solutions to critical issues.
- Good communication skill (oral and written) is a necessity.
- Must have sound project management skills as well as the ability to lead and train other engineers, analysts and hourly people in order to complete projects.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, gauging, controls and mechanical or electrical engineering design principles.
- Experience with equipment commonly found in a manufacturing environment.
- CAD experience is required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Agricultural Engineering. Minimum of 4 years of Manufacturing Engineering or related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.