USABlueBook is the recognized source of products and technical support for professional water and wastewater operators. It is our goal to remain the industry's top technical and customer service leader. As we continue to expand, our main goal stays the same - to make sure that all of our customers, "Get the Best Treatment!"
USABlueBook (www.usabluebook.com) is a division of HD Supply.
Location - Waukegan, IL (90% onsite, 10% remote)
Responsible for ensuring operational efficiency of all company locations by providing Level 2 support for all computing hardware and software. Troubleshoot all technical issues escalated by Level 1 Agents and serve as the on-site and/or on-call agent for any executive level support request.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Responds to inbound phone calls, e-mail, or web tickets and provides proactive service in the diagnosis and resolution of all incidents, problems, and requests for all existing computer hardware and software, output devices, mobile devices, and ERP applications. Maintains documentation of work history of personal computers and equipment.
- Helps streamline support processes and ensures the help desk maintains a high level of customer service. Works to meet agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- Assists in the coordination of IT support to ensure that problems are resolved promptly and effectively by accurately escalating incidents to the correct support group.
- Works with Executive Level Staff on issues and provides after hours support for Executive Level Staff as needed.
- Sets up new PCs. Troubleshoots printer, password, e-mail, standard windows applications, internet access, and network connectivity issues.
- Provides escalated technical support to Executive Level Staff that requires on-site presence (PC and printer failure), including data backup recovery. Performs complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches, and re-installations in cooperation with other IT infrastructure groups and in accordance with established Service Level Agreements. Serves as the technical and communications liaison to and from Executive stakeholders and key users for Help Desk communications, initiatives, needs assessments, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed.
- Provides on-call support after hours based on established rotation schedules.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.