What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Timken's Schulz Electric brand is seeking a Mechanic Trainee in the East Haven area to work at the East Haven, CT service center. The Mechanic Trainee will assist with the assembly of all size motors: AC & DC, horizontal and vertical.
- Responsible for assisting in the assembly, testing, disassembly and inspection and painting of electric motors
- Assist in various assembly duties while following customer specifications
- Assist in completing all related paperwork accurately and thoroughly
- Functions in a teamwork atmosphere for all endeavors.
- Assist in providing feedback to engineering on assembly/ test discrepancies, drawing errors, quality errors, etc. in an effort to resolve problems and prevent reoccurrences
- Completes tasks in a dependable and thorough manner within required time frame.
- Must be proficient in craft skills needed to repair and manufacture electrical, mechanical and rotating equipment
- Applicant must have both verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a trade school program or high school
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.