What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
We are looking for a Quality Control Technician to join GGB's team to provide information and facilitate Quality Control activities that will achieve customer expectations.
Shift: 3:30pm - 11:40pm
Location: 1414 Metropolitan Avenue, Thorofare NJ 08086
- Oversee QC inspection activities including product and process verification, tool and gauge calibration, production tooling validation using a coordinate measuring ma-chine as needed
- Maintain inspection schedules for in-coming materials, in-process and finished goods
- Prepare and evaluate inspection data, material and manufacturing certification, SPC data relating to PPAP / FAI external customer requests
- Review and approve material certificates supplied by vendors for conformance to purchasing specifications
- Support requests for product integrity and conformity documentation, SPC data, MSA studies, material / manufacturing certification or any other specific documents as required by internal and external customers
- Interface with vendors and internal / external customers as needed to resolve quali-ty issues relative to product conformance
- Apply and understand statistical quality control procedures
- Transact in SAP to move parts from inspection status to unrestricted status for Pro-duction use
- Interact and support other QC personnel
- Maintain lab in a safe, clean, well-organized state
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to resolve issues with internal / external customers and vendors
- Minimum 2 years inspection experience
- Solid understanding of test and measuring equipment
- Able to interpret product engineering drawings
- Strong working knowledge of mathematical concepts, basic quality system tools (SPC, Measurements Systems, FMEA, Control Plans, material certifications)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information
- Ability to practical problem solve
- Vision acuity
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work different shifts as required by the business
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.