Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Pay starts at $21.05/hour
- Quarterly tool allowance to grow your tool kit
- Full health insurance benefits on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
Work under direct supervision of a qualified shop technician to perform maintenance and repair on fleet equipment including:
- Handle routine repairs on trailers
- Assisting with trailer inspections and brake replacement to gain experience necessary to meet requirements of FMCSA 396.19 and 396.25
- Complete component replacements
- Spend up to 50% of your day performing maintenance, service, and repairs on trailer doors and SafeStack Systems to units parked at the dock.
- Spend 50% or more of your day working alongside technicians in the shop to complete minor trailer repairs
- Enter job times and parts on repair orders to track activities
- Operate specialized tooling and vehicles
- Ensure work area is always clean, safe, and well-maintained by reporting any damage or negligence to management immediately
- Interact with operations management and shop management
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- A valid driver's license
- Basic mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills for documenting maintenance, service, and repair activities
- Ability to perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- A desire to become a trailer mechanic
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends
It would be nice if you had:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior mechanical training or experience such as automotive or skilled trades
- Have a desire to become a Technician Level 1
- Disclaimer: Employee will have to have a combination of one (1) year verifiable previous experience with heavy duty maintenance and time in this role to be eligible for a promotion to a Technician Level 1.
- Basic hand tools
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.