Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
As the Senior Engineer, Warehouse Design, you will be responsible for leading the development of a design package that may include material flow diagrams, facility layouts, material handling equipment designs, automation designs, storage media designs, process designs, and slotting and pick path analyses.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Collaborates with Data Analytics team to analyze client data to determine order profiles, storage media application, product slotting, velocity, SKU affinities, ABC analysis
- Prepares engineering calculations and documents to describe solution and detailed operating concepts such as storage and shipping capacity, facility sizing, zoning, slotting, waving, etc. and facilitates reviews with key work stream leads including engineering peers, WMS Implementation, and operations
- Designs the overall facility layout, storage media, and flow paired with the appropriate equipment supporting the Concept of Operations.
- Supports the business development process by supporting the solutions team's response to RFPs including developing materials and presenting to potential clients
- Leads detailed engineering process on new business awards to take the design from conceptualization to full detailed design ready for implementation by performing data analyses, developing material handling specifications, working with vendors to obtain quotes, and generating a detailed, engineered AutoCAD layout with fitment into the selected facility
- Joint Planning Sessions with client and conducts gap analysis to ensure issues are resolved; identifies changes to the scope when they occur and provides necessary documentation and escalation
- Participates on a team responsible for the implementation of new business by preparing WMS configuration documentation that includes all needed locations, slotting, zoning, sequences for put-away and picking, and allocation rules for the facility. Supports the identification and design of new WMS and interface requirements needing development.
- Manages material handling and automation vendors through schedule, permitting, installation, commissioning, punch lists, etc. and validates all equipment installation, including necessary performance testing
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of engineering experience in supply chain management, logistics, warehousing or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO9001 production environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- 7 years of experience as an Industrial Engineer
- Extensive AutoCAD experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Time study measurement, such as MOST, a plus
- Third-Party Logistics (3PL) experience warehousing, distribution center or fulfillment experience
- Project and resource management experience
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.