3+ years of experience working multiple departments in a distribution center.
Previous experience operating material handling equipment.
Prior experience in a lead or mentorship role.
Works in multiple departments within the distribution center, including case pick, shipping, receiving, returns, loading, order processing, and replenishment. Supports management by providing guidance and training to warehouse associates.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Coaches and trains warehouse associates on warehousing duties, including providing training on material handling equipment.
- Coordinates and prioritizes warehousing work to ensure tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operates material handling equipment to complete tasks, such as loading, unloading, picking, stocking, and staging inventory.
- Ensures all warehousing functions are running smoothly and escalates issues to management.
- Verifies and enters product and shipment data into inventory management system.
- Makes sure work areas are clean and follow company safety policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork during assigned shifts.
- Serves as back-up for all warehousing functions.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact. Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior level associates.
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior level associates.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.