- Team management and leadership
Manage accounting department to maintain effective internal controls, document policies and procedures ,and oversee general accounting functions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Prepares financial reports and analysis necessary to identify trends and provide key information to management.
- Coordinate monthly accounting close and assist in preparation of internal and external financial reporting.
- Coordinate Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for internal documentation and evaluation of internal controls, ongoing monitoring and testing.
- Assist with the coordination of year-end audit and quarterly and annual reports.
- Communicates and coordinates accounting practices and procedures to ensure compliance with the latest accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain departmental budget/headcount and resolve associate relation issues.
- Develop, plan and drive departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.