Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Assistant Senior Manager in one of our largest service centers, you'll assist in recruiting, selecting, training and supervising employees, while maximizing employee engagement and maintaining clear communication on every level. As a leadership team member, you are an ambassador of our culture and are responsible for establishing positive and productive working relationships; role modeling XPO Core Values; building trust by listening and engaging employees; and giving and receiving honest, balanced feedback to drive performance. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Assist in supervising all employees reporting to the Service Center, including tracking and auditing employees' hours, handling payroll issues and personnel changes, administering corrective action and monitoring the coaching, training and development of your staff
- Lead the Service Center when the Service Center Manager is not onsite
- Assist in managing and directing inbound, city and outbound freight operations, including FAC operations if applicable
- Assist in planning daily staffing needs to ensure freight is delivered and picked up in a timely manner
- Partner with sales team to help grow revenue at the Service Center
- Provide clear and frequent information to all employees about Service Center productivity and company policies and procedures
- Analyze, monitor and implement all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies; maintain clean and safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as all company policies/procedures
- Route proper documentation and oversee procedure control for hazardous material shipments
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- At least 5 years of LTL freight management and/or service center management experience
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, transportation rules and regulations, OSHA standards, hazardous materials regulations, NMFC and Tariff rules, and company policies and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- A valid driver's license
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends; travel as needed
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree, 5 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- Experience with process improvement and the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma
- Forklift experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work with excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills; ability to effectively lead, coach and influence employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Work outdoors in inclement weather
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Be open to potentially relocating geographic areas for career advancement.
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.