Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Must be able to efficiently perform all operations on all N/C machines, load DNC programs, set tools and make any necessary adjustments, including:
- Perform all necessary loading and unloading machines.
- Interpret operation sheets and layout sheets to set correct tools to produce parts through automatic cycle operation of machine.
- Perform operations - boring, facing, turning, and other operations as required.
- Interpret/follow drawings, instructions, routings, and specifications.
- Maintain proper tools, handle parts and operate machine efficiently.
- Must audit tool wear to maintain good cutting edges.
- Responsible for proper care of company tools, quality, detecting and reporting of defects before completion, observance of safety regulations and correct reporting of time and production.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machine and maintain clean work area.
- Part sizes range up to 50" with a normal tolerance of .005 and occasionally a .0015 tolerance.
1) Ability to use average drawings/prints and shop measuring instruments, such as dial indicators and micrometers.
2) Requires a general knowledge of mechanical or electrical principles.
3) Make decisions involving use of considerable initiative and judgment.
4) Must be able to work with medium weight tools and materials, and occasionally work with heavy weight materials.
5) Must be willing to work any shift and over-time.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.