|Your Career Begins at Timken |
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Provide the engineering and project management experience necessary to support the implementation of manufacturing engineering initiatives and projects centered around stamping tooling. Responsibilities include the support and advancement of stamping department production, quality control, maintenance, and continuous improvement.
Works cross-functionally to lead tooling development. The candidate will develop, direct, or acquire innovated tooling technology to deliver competitive advantages and manufacturing process control.
Essential Job Duties:
- Grow process knowledge related to stamping tooling design. Apply knowledge of Progressive stamping dies, including blanking, piercing, and forming.
- Provide solutions to daily engineering related problems in the areas of production, quality control and Continuous Improvement.
- Manage the work being done by contractors and suppliers as new and existing technology is implemented.
- Manage multiple projects that involve the delegation of assignments to others in the plant e.g. engineers, maintenance and operative associates.
- Define and justify Continuous Improvement projects in stamping, tool design, and tool repair.
- Work with associates from Press, tool room, and die bench areas to grow process knowledge related to the stamping of parts.
- Advanced Problem Solving with the ability to implement permanent solutions to critical issues. Ability to work with Suppliers on tool design issues.
- Design, develop and provide engineering drawings and models for tooling.
- Good communication skill (oral and written) is a necessity.
- Must have sound project management skills as well as the ability to lead and train other engineers, analysts, and hourly people in order to complete projects.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, gauging, controls and mechanical or electrical engineering design principles. Experience with stamping, forming, and blanking. Experience designing progressive stamping dies.
- Experience with equipment commonly found in a Stamping environment.
- CAD experience is required.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Agricultural Engineering. Minimum of 4 years of Manufacturing Engineering or related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.