The role of the Worker's Compensation Examiner is to investigate, evaluate, oversee, and resolve workers' compensation claims for associate's injured on the job. Monitor and manage Penske's Third Party Administrators (TPA) for proper handling, reserving and compliance with the return to work program. Work with HR, Safety, Operations and Maintenance teams while remaining cognizant of state, provincial, and federal laws.
- Review initial Associate injury report to determine if referral to TPA/ Insurer is needed.
- Assist location by directing investigation to ensure that accident scenes are secured.
- Coordinate communication with HR, Safety, Operations, and Maintenance as needed.
- Monitor TPA's compliance with claim handling procedures including: nurse case management, return to work, counsel assignments, and reserving.
- Determine if OSHA Notice is required.
- Document, record, and produce OSHA logs.
- Manage and report on internal compliance with return to work program.
- Act as a liaison to injured associate when claims issues arise.
- Coordinate and manage claim review and audit process with TPA's.
- Respond to Discovery requests for Litigated claims.
- Participate in settlement conferences, mediations & hearings as needed.
- Responsible for monthly reports and special projects as assigned by Manager.
- Identification and implementation of process improvement using LEAN techniques.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- 3-5 years' experience in workers' compensation claims or related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to make fact based decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to train/educate others either in person, over the phone, or using webinars
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, RMIS, Workflow systems, and Internet research.
- Ability to multitask required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Other Corporate
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2328528