What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of colleagues engaged in operating a variety of machines to manufacture parts or products by performing the following duties.
- Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Human Resources for action
- Complies, stores, and retrieves production data
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively: Strong written and oral communication skills. Capable of communicating business results in a professional manner including the explanation of accounting transactions in language understandable to non-finance colleagues.
- Collaborates: Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve demanding, time sensitive objectives
- Manages Complexity and Agility: Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems with a flexible communication style
- Other Competencies Include: Identifying and asking key questions related to production; Willing to contribute, challenge, and be challenged in a team environment.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5 plus years of similar experience in a manufacturing / production environment.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent mathematical skill capable of analyzing trends and variances.
- Self starter and self motivated. Moves with a strong sense of urgency.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.