The role will be responsible for underwriting credit transactions for Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics, performing credit due diligence, financial statement analysis, business & industry risk assessment and preparation/presentation of requisite credit write-ups. Ability to make prudent credit decisions, structure transactions adequately, and communicate same to internal and external customer to maximize collectible revenue for the company. Significant written and verbal interaction with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Underwrite credit transactions up to credit authority.
- Deal structuring and negotiations with customers and Sales.
- Customer research.
- Prepare approval documentation for transactions above credit authority.
- Review credit related contract documentation.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree required, concentration in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Master's Degree preferred
- Up to 5 years of experience in banking or commercial equipment leasing.
- Must be able to understand and analyze financial statements, business credit information and market news to understand a customer's credit worthiness.
- Ability to synthesize financial information with credit bureau information required.
- Must be able to utilize deal structuring tools to make the best possible underwriting decision required.
- Ability to go beyond raw numbers and ratios to fully understand a customer's financial and operating condition required.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple deals in different stages simultaneously.
- Must have strong organizational & Communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office suite skills required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Risk Management/Safety
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2315201