What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 20,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Purpose of Position
This individual will participate in all major FP&A processes and functions for The Timken Company including the monthly financial forecast, annual budgeting process, and variance analysis. This position provides strategic support to senior management by preparing presentations, investment analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunity evaluations and other financial projects. This is a key role in maintaining and improving current processes related to global annual business planning, forecasting, variance analysis and value based decision making. This role is also viewed as a subject matter expert in elements of the forecast, reporting and financial systems. FP&A acts as the analytical engine of the business to provide insight and support for business decision making. This position reports to the Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, SG&A and cash flow
- Prepare quarterly and monthly financial reporting and analysis for senior management
- Consolidate and analyze monthly financial forecasts and annual budgets
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Support senior management team and department heads with in-depth financial analysis
- Prepare presentations for senior management team
- Interface with finance managers around the world to ensure accurate reporting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Conduct forecast reviews of the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement and recommend adjustments
- Provide other ad hoc reporting and analyses as necessary to support the organization
- Strong analytical skills for variance/root cause analysis
- Strong communications and team skills
- Strong business understanding
- Strong strategic thinking
- OneStream expertise (preferred)
- SAP and Business Intelligence expertise (preferred)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Power BI
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field with at least 2 years' relevant experience. Experience with a global manufacturing company is preferred.
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred, but not required.
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience and education.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.