What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
This Buyer II will be responsible for purchases of materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for the organization. They will qualify vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services. They will also work with the supply chain team and our parent company council teams to identify and implement cost saving initiatives to support working capital.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing supplier and vendor relationships
- Support the development and implementation of procurement strategies
- Creating purchase orders, organizing, and confirming delivery of goods and services
- Calculates and analyses material change reports to identify specific cost savings and increases that need to be addressed.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager with analysis and management of suppliers and material markets for risk mitigation, alternative options, and opportunities.
- Utilizes ERP reports daily to maintain PO data accuracy using exception reporting, late deliveries, unconfirmed POs and other data as deemed necessary to ensure consistent data integrity.
- Assists Finance department with supplier invoice resolution and inventory drivers / metrics: DSI, RM, FG and WIP.
- Continuously look for ways to incorporate kaizen practices into the supply chain process; especially implementing supplier programs to maximize availability of supplies while minimizing inventory levels and cost of goods.
- Tracks supplier performance including supplier delivery, quality, lead-time and competitive performance.
- Coordinates outside processes with manufacturing and sales to ensure our customer needs are met.
- Be the point of contact between GGB and potential suppliers based on specified requirement provided by management
- Works closely with Sales, Quality, Finance, Engineering and Manufacturing functions.
- Implements Timken enterprise sourcing agreements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in or lead-cross functional teams to achieve demanding, time sensitive objects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- 2+ years in procurement experience in an industrial environment required, involving commodity materials, subcontracted goods and service contracts.
- Experience with SAP or other Planning System required.
- Demonstrates organizational, analytical and cross-functional skills
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office Platforms.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and technical specifications is helpful, but not required
- ISM or APICS professional certification is not required but is preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.