Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Distribution Center is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Machine Packaging Operator for its facility located in Duncan, SC. Monday-Friday 11pm-7am, plus overtime as required. A successful warehouse associate values safety, accuracy, productivity, and customer service.
Purpose and Scope
Use packaging machines to package cups, cones, and assemblies, up to 6 inches in diameter, into cartons of various sizes and styles imprinted with a wide variety of part numbers, bar codes, and other information required by the customer.
1. Procures and stages needed packaging/packing materials. Verify quality of incoming supplies prior to usage, including fitness of cartons for feeding through cartoning machines and supporting bearing weights.
2. Count pieces of product and inspect for correct part numbers, correct quantities, and visual defects prior to packaging. If there are inconsistencies in quantities due to shortages, overages, or defective product, obtain missing pieces or have additional pieces restored. After inspecting product, stage in feed bins in sufficient quantities to maintain machine run time while replenishing bins and performing other internal tasks. Hand feed bearings onto entrance conveyor, at a speed consistent with the speed of the machine conveyor to ensure uninterrupted flow of cartoned product at the end of the line and maximum use of the equipment. Care must be taken to avoid finished product damage, which could be caused by improper handling.
3. Set up wrappers and printing equipment. Conduct general maintenance and Total Preventive Maintenance on all feeding, cartoning, and printing equipment. Change over packaging machine. Download printing information from mainframe computer to computer at cartoning machine. Verify accuracy of downloaded data, edit as required. Use Warehouse Management System and Radio Frequency guns to perform various processing functions. Test, print, and verify readability and accuracy of barcodes as well as accuracy, format, and placement of human readable information. Remove cartoned bearings from exit conveyor. Perform final visual inspection of carton appearance and printed information. Pack individual cartons or tubes into shipping containers per standards described in Packers Manual. Use conveyor system to route packed boxes of bearings to next stage in shipping process. For product to be tubed-remove wrapped bearings from exit conveyor and accumulate in appropriate tubes and mark tubes with labels or stencils.
4. For special orders, write up order per customer requirements and complete preparation for shipment directly from machine packaging area: address boxes, complete contents slips, palletize, remove pallets, transfer documentation to Shipping Dept.
5. Communicate with work areas upstream, downstream and parallel to the machine packaging process and resolve problems with those areas.
6. Performs miscellaneous duties such as filling out standard forms and keeping work area clean and orderly. Responsible for training and directing other machine packaging associates on a daily basis.
- 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to complete production forms. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and plant leadership.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch and use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 55 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 55 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Employee is required to wear steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
You should be proficient in:
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Meets Physical Requirements
- Machine Operating Experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.