Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our employees make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion. We are dedicated to improving our customers' performance by delivering unparalleled value and innovation. Timken employees thrive on the many opportunities offered in a global organization to grow personally and professionally. Our core values - ethics and integrity, independence, innovation, and quality - are the foundation of our company and drive every decision and action we take. If you thrive on challenges and have the ability and talent to be a Timken employee, we currently have an opportunity for you to join our team.
Purpose of Position
This exciting position is tailored for individuals with a passion for technical growth and a drive to become a prominent process specialist/leader within the industry. As a key member of our team, you will contribute technical expertise, exceptional project management skills, and visionary leadership to propel the design, development, and optimization of cutting-edge process solutions for Timken's esteemed bearing manufacturing plants.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses a solid foundation in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, coupled with a profound understanding of Lean manufacturing principles. If you are someone with outstanding analytical abilities and a knack for crafting and refining production cell and line layouts, this is the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your skills and contribute to the success of a globally recognized company.
An individual in this role will be expected to:
- Critically analyze existing as well as proposed new manufacturing lines to identify and implement solutions to maximize the efficiency, capacity, quality, safety, and flexibility of bearing production.
- Create and maintain CAD models of facilities and manufacturing line layouts in support of key growth projects.
- Use process modeling and simulation tools to evaluate options to improve productivity and reduce waste. This includes activities such as defining standard work, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations / machines, and recommending the purchase of new equipment.
- Provide key data analysis and modeling support to estimate current production capacity and constraints. Assist in planning for future demand / growth.
- Use data mining and advanced analysis techniques to identify opportunities to improve production performance.
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and manpower to improve efficiency of operations. Determine optimal inventory levels that make the most effective use of capital.
- Develop Lean and Six Sigma implementation tactics in collaboration with manufacturing plants, identify lean manufacturing improvement opportunities, lead cross-functional project teams to address areas of opportunity using the DMAIC process, deliver solutions to improve manufacturing processes and strengthen the Lean and Six Sigma culture within the plant organization.
- Write A/R's (appropriation requisitions) and provide budgeting information for capital expansion and continuous improvement projects. Assist in purchasing, installing, and commissioning of machines / workstations.
- Domestic and international travel to Timken plants and/or supplier locations - not to exceed 25% on average.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and production equipment. Familiarity with processes such as grinding, heat treatment, assembly, automation, and metrology is helpful.
- Experience in plant layout design and implementation is beneficial.
- Manufacturing process flow simulation and optimization experience.
- Strong analytical skills including experience with manipulating large data sets.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- EHS technical experience for facilities and new manufacturing processes (ergonomics, machine guarding, material handling, etc.).
- 3D CAD modeling and mechanical design experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience or a master's degree in Industrial Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering or a related field with minimum of 1 year experience.
- US Citizenship or Green Card.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. #IND-ENG