What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 20,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Timken Aurora Bearing Company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic that will perform a variety of functions to maintain and repair equipment, and our building and grounds while adhering to the safety, quality and productivity standards of Timken Aurora Bearing Company.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner with an emphasis on quality. Follow Company and departmental procedures, including regular attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Report any unusual conditions or situations to Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Work with other maintenance personnel to trouble shoot, repair, rebuild, install, move, modify and fabricate equipment system fixtures and processes.
- Follow verbal and/or written instructions including but not limited to; service, parts maintenance, manuals, exploding view, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical drawings and work orders.
- Perform basic carpentry layout, fabrication, welding, plumbing, piping, wiring, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, painting, measuring machinery and electrical. Experience with 480 voltage a plus.
- Apply communication skills to relay information to others regarding job assignments, and training skills to train others inside and outside the department.
- Request purchase requisitions for repair parts. Keep departmental records as assigned. Responsible for portions of department inventory, work with outside vendors in person or by phone.
- Work with Supervisor, Lead Person or operator of other departments in order to analyze equipment problems.
- Adhere to all lockout/tagout procedures and recognize the 5 forms of energy and how to control them.
- Maintain facility requirements and work with outside service people as required.
- High School Diploma or GED (validation is required)
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment as maintenance mechanic (minimum 1 year experience, preferred to have three years of experience).
- Experience with 480 voltage a plus.
- Troubleshooting CNC experience preferred.
- Ability to stand and walk 8 hours per day.
- Forklift and scissor lift experience preferred but will train.
- General HVAC knowledge a plus.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.