By applying to this req you will be considered for future openings in these locations. (Reading, PA - Irving, TX- Duluth, GA.
A Penske Logistics Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for data mining and analysis, presentation of results, consulting and recommending process improvements and special projects. The position provides support to functional organizations as well as senior management. The analysis includes preparing financial presentations, analyzing operating data and other ad hoc reporting. This is a hands-on role that requires the analyst to work directly with multiple organizations by getting involved to understand and improve the business.
- Perform required monthly financial close related activities including preparing required journal entries to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Develop, update and monitor key performance indicators and key financial metrics or dashboards, highlighting trends and analyzing variances, to understand and be able to communicate the financial health of each location
- Work with the operations team to develop forecasts, and reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, and cost analysis
- Provide senior management and the operations team with in-depth financial analysis of actual spend to drive insights on trends, investment areas and opportunities to optimize costs, driving better decision making
- Deliver ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or other business related field
- 3-7 years of experience in financial planning, analysis, or modeling
- Strong data analytics and mining skills required
- Logistics/Operations experience preferred
- Must be able to exercise moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisor
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required; Advanced use of MS Access or other Database tools beneficial
- Detail oriented and highly analytical, able to translate data and trends into clearly understandable messaging
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive as part of a financial management team
- Strong understanding of the importance of hands on collaboration with the Operations team and the personnel at the Area, Region and Corporate levels
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
- Some travel is required
- Complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to read, communicate verbally and/or in written form, remember and analyze certain information, and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2329927