What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 20,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
The Principal Community Relations Analyst is a key contributor in our effort to build Timken's global reputation as a responsible corporate citizen and will play a vital role in documenting our progress in our CSR report, Charitable Board Reports and other communication vehicles.
The Principal Community Relations Analyst collaborates with internal and external resources to coordinate signature global community relations programs with key partners including: United Way, The Timken Global STEM program, Habitat for Humanity and The Timken Global Scholars Program.
The Principal Community Relations Analyst is the primary point of contact for managing The Timken Company Charitable and Educational Fund. Collaborating with finance to process payments and manage the budget and managing questions from non-profits and employees about our giving programs. The position requires a thorough understanding of Fund programs and bylaws.
A key member of the corporate communications team this individual contributes to our efforts to advance our corporate narrative with internal and external audiences through a variety of communication channels, including digital and social.
- The ideal Principal Community Relations Analyst has a creative mindset and thrives on building and managing relationships with Timken's growing list of community partners to enhance the Company's reputation.
- You will organize and manage giving and engagement campaigns and serve as the primary point of contact for Timken senior leaders, the Charitable Fund Board, committee members, agency partners and Timken volunteers. Requires strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- You will manage the processing of Charitable and Educational Fund grant requests, oversee the payment process and generation of monthly reports, must have sound budget management proficiency, ability to collaborate with finance department, banks and ability to learn new software programs.
- You will manage the U.S. employee giving and volunteer programs, overseeing third-party suppliers. Requires high attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The Principal Community Relations Analyst will cultivate relationships with Timken community relations liaisons at global facilities and represent Timken at external community functions. Requires high degree of professionalism and a customer service mindset.
- Must be passionate about creating excellent work product, with strong project management skills, and enjoy immersing yourself in logistics and planning special events.
- The ideal candidate will optimize the community relations function through continues improvement efforts. Identify areas for improvement and develop repeatable processes. Requires a continuous improvement mindset.
- Project management and decision making
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship management/building skills
- Budget management and accounting skillset
- Time management and multitasking
- Analytical skills
- Event planning
- Service orientation
- Team/collaborative mindset
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Philanthropy or Business with a minimum of 7 years experience in related communications or community service
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.