Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer at the Santa Fe Springs, California regional service center. Position will work closely with Operations, Quality, Engineering, Safety, Procurement and Cost Accounting in the development, implementation and improvement of processes related to the manufacturing (machining and assembly) and inspection of gearboxes. This position is responsible for supporting the performance of operations areas against shared business objectives such as safety, quality, compliance, and manufacturing costs/output. The Manufacturing Engineer collaborates with all levels of the organization to manage performance of equipment, systems, and processes; and works to improve the throughput and efficiency and manufacturing processes and overall quality of manufactured products. This Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Operations Manager on all issues regarding manufacturing process efficiency, safety, compliance and quality.
- Collaborates with various teams in the development of new manufacturing processes and design and implementation of new fixtures and equipment
- Captures knowledge of existing manufacturing processes and releases manufacturing SOPs
- Evaluates manufacturing processes and operations in terms of compliance to regulation (regulatory and safety), efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Analyzes and reports on manufacturing area capacities and capabilities; includes conducting time studies and updating standards within the ERP (Epicor)
- Administers the Continuous Improvement (CI) program
- Leads and conducts Kaizen events on a monthly basis
- Interacts with vendors to select and purchase equipment, fixtures, tooling and tools to support manufacturing processes and operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical, Systems, Industrial or other related Engineering field with 3+ yrs. experience
- Must have strong communication and technical skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; excellent attention to detail
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Project and Power Point
- Knowledge of Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 5S and other manufacturing principles
- Experience using ERP software, Epicor (preferred)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standard (preferred)
- Experience in a machining (mills, lathes, CNCs, etc.) manufacturing environment (preferred)
Pay Range: $75K - $95K
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.