What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 20,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Position Summary: The Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor is responsible for the daily coordination of personnel and processes related to shipping/receiving, traffic, and warehousing. This position provides supervision to associates in a multi-zoned, multi-shift department at several locations to meet customer demand. The Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor drives improvement in the areas of productivity, safety, quality, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency of deliveries. This position manages the daily flow of material into and out of multiple warehouses and locations to support shipping, receiving and production, and assists with new equipment planning/floor layout/cost reduction initiatives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives execution against KPIs related to warehousing, shipping, receiving and logistics (safety, quality, cost, delivery, productivity, and morale)
- Maintain corporate supply chain procedures and processes to ensure achievement of related KPIs at multiple locations.
- Organizes warehouse, labels goods, plots routes, and processes shipments.
- Updates and evaluates metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Consistently updates Logistics Manager on department performance, information, changes, needs, & issues. Provides timely reports on performance per specified schedules (daily/weekly/monthly).
- Manages demand against warehouse inventory to meet internal and external customer requirements. Ensures necessary movement of material from warehouses to maintain safety stock levels in production facilities.
- Assists investigation and identification of root causes for inventory inaccuracies, helps reconcile inventory balances, and identifies process improvements to reduce or eliminate specific inventory discrepancies. Works within team and across team to implement change.
- Ensures inventory storage locations are organized and items are properly marked and identified.
- Responsible for local parts shipping, tracking and coordination.
- Drive safety initiatives and strategy for area of responsibility and implement improvement plans. Ensure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by promptly addressing safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents, and actively involving associates in the continuous improvement of safety. Ensures staff follows and practices all established safety rules
- Work with EHS to ensure storage is within environmental standards.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through lean practices such as inventory reduction, flow day reduction, cost of shipping and warehousing. Demonstrate the responsibilities of a lean leader and drive a lean culture in the facility. Ensure associates are engaged and are participating in continuous improvement efforts.
- Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership. Lead goal setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career development processes with associates. Identify training and needs and create a training strategy to meet customer expectations.
- Manage logistics segment to optimize transportation and warehouse services for inventory.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse & Supply Chain Management
- Inventory management experience
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and have strong detail orientation
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong systemic-thinking and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Lean Manufacturing experience or certification.
- Advanced PC skills (MS Office including Excel, databases).
- 1+ years of experience in Operations Leadership. (Warehousing/Shipping/Logistics Preferred)
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree or above in Manufacturing, Warehousing, Logistics, Business Administration, or Engineering preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with 5+ years of experience in Warehousing & Logistics and 2+ years of management experience required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.